ACTIVITY Forums Boats/ Boating Equipment Spinnerbaits Dead or just been replaced

• Spinnerbaits Dead or just been replaced

John updated 3 years ago 6 Members · 7 Posts
  • Kevin

March 23, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Growing up in SoCal and then living in Florida and Texas. The spinner bait was always tied on. Now I see more and more swim jigs being used instead. Are we to blow taps for the spinner bait or is it still a very useful tool in our arsenal?

• Craig

March 23, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Kevin, my experience with spinnerbaits here in WA has been spectacular – especially during the spawn on Lake WA. I think wind conditions, water clarity and cover also play into whether or not to use a chatterbait or a spinnerbait. That has been my experience over the last few years anyway. I just got a bunch of Strike King Tour grades in my standard white variations. I will also occasionally use black but that is it for me. Always use a trailer and chunk and wind to find the active ones.

• Kevin

March 24, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Nice to know Craig, Thank you for your response.

• Greg

March 27, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Swim jigs in the willows on the dunes at Potholes is hard to beat. Once I stopped setting the hook on every weed and willow and then actually remember to set the hook on a bite…

• Ron

March 29, 2017 at 11:11 am

Spinnerbaits are deadly it hasn’t been replaced by the swim jig at all there are times the fish snub their noses at the swim jig ( happens often) or vice versa, they are great complimentary pieces like peanut butter and jelly!

• Kirk

April 11, 2017 at 12:15 pm

I agree with Mr. Hobbs on his assessment. I find both to be equally effective, though I am still working on what makes one more productive than the other on any given day.

• John

June 8, 2017 at 9:07 pm

Spinnerbaits have been my #1 bait for years. Last couple years the swimjig is gaining on it and now I always have them next to each other on the deck of my boat and throw both until the fish tell me something.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now