ACTIVITY Forums Fishing Reports Potholes

• Potholes

Gregory updated 3 years, 3 months ago 7 Members · 11 Posts
  • Don

Administrator
    April 6, 2017 at 6:48 pm

Fished Potholes today and had a pretty good day. Mostly on Swim Jigs. West Arm. Water Temp was 50-52. Caught 16 total. Best 5 went 32.2!

• Tim Tadlock

April 7, 2017 at 7:57 am

Wow nice work. Headed there tomorrow.

• Kevin

April 7, 2017 at 3:39 pm

Wow,, What a day.

• Dusty

April 9, 2017 at 9:02 pm

32.2! Holy cow!

• Gregory

April 10, 2017 at 5:53 am

Fished Potholes Sunday along with 40 to 50 other bass boats (pre-fishing for next weekend). Caught three, one of which is a new personal best for me (7.2 pounds). Also lost one that was at least 5 or 6 which I fought for 45 seconds and while I was fumbling with the net she jumped and spit the hook. All swim jigs (after last weekend I stocked on dirty jigs and gambler trailers). West arm near army corp dike, water 50 to 53 degrees. Have to thank Bob, Don, and Ryan for getting a guy who started bass fishing 2.5 years ago and never owned a boat before to find my way around potholes and find fish of this quality on my own.

• Gregory

May 19, 2017 at 8:30 pm

Fished Potholes today passed at least 25 boats on the way to fish the tournament tomorrow on the way home. Caught 9 and lost 2. Mostly 3s and a really big really skinny spawned out 4 pounder (was surely a 6 a few weeks ago). Caught all on swim jigs in 2 to 3 feet of water on sandy flats. Caught the spawned out fish by army corp dike but clearly most have spawned and moved out as the weeds have grown up in the back. Fish on beds were not very aggressive, you really had to piss them off to get them to bite. Awesome weather and I picked up a bonus 5 pound walleye (dinner tomorrow).

• Bob Hogue

June 8, 2017 at 11:41 am

Worked the outer crab creek areas yesterday. Great fishing. Found that the long, narrow islands of brush piles bordered by 6 to 10 ft water as the most active. Fish were jumping on swim jigs. LM to 6+, SM to 4+ plus a couple of walleye for the skillet!

• Bob Hogue

June 12, 2017 at 2:36 pm

Back to the Potholes and Crab Creek Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Followed the same routine as last week with similar results. It’s kind of weird though that I can’t pick up more than one fish in a specific area.

• Jeff McBroom

June 12, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Glad to see you took my advice and hit Potholes Bob. Looks like your on some really nice fish! If you can’t finish eating those walleye fillets go ahead and bring them down to my house–I’ll help you out. 🙂

• Bob Hogue

June 13, 2017 at 11:20 am

Thanks Jeff. I don’t get to the lake very often, but did go based on your recommendation. Had a really nice time and found the bass to be pretty aggressive. Most of the time I had the area I was fishing all to myself, even with a bass tournament going on (Inland Empire)

• Gregory

June 19, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Fished Potholes on Sunday, caught 12..well eleven and an 8 incher on a six inch swim jig. All in the west arm on purple and dark blue gambler ez swimmer trailers on dirty jigs. Mostly 3 to 3.5 pounds with two smaller and the baby that thought he was a big guy.

Last week while I was there I saw a guy pulling a Triton run his pickup into one of the big rocks (4 ft) on his way to the launch. Smashed his right front fender and broke his right front wheel almost completely off his truck. Sun was directly in his eyes and he never saw it.

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now