ACTIVITY Forums Fishing Reports McNary

• McNary

Bob Hogue updated 3 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 11 Posts
  • Bob Hogue

April 19, 2017 at 5:14 pm

Fished upriver from the dam today. 7 nice bass to 5.3. All on spinner baits in 3 ft.

• Bob Hogue

April 29, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Lots of nice smallies today to 4+ lbs. Assorted lures (lipless, spinner baits, flukes) in 3 ft. Surface temp up to 55. Clarity about 2 ft.

• Bob Hogue

May 2, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Lots of very nice sized smallies today. However, they were in very specific locations requiring boulders along the deeper channels. Not so much of a pre-spawn type of fishery today. Reaction crank baits in red hues were the ticket. All of the fish were in the 3 to 4 lb class, which made for a really nice day.

• Jeff McBroom

May 2, 2017 at 8:10 pm

Nice job Bob. Sounds like youve been having fun down there-and im sure youve got it all to yourself.

• Bob Hogue

May 3, 2017 at 8:31 am

Jeff, as an old retired guy I try my best to avoid sat/sun and most Fridays everywhere I go. So, it’s pretty empty (yea) on the river Monday thru Thursday. But the McNary pool is spooky void of fishermen. But don’t tell anyone.

• Bob Hogue

May 8, 2017 at 7:12 pm

Same ol story on this area. Quality smallies (4lb+) on reaction baits in 2 to 4ft. Lots of debris on top the water which makes it a pain, but water clarity is ok (3ft). Surface temps from 53 to 55. No noticeable weed growth as yet. This area fishes like early to mid April of last year, so about 3 to 4 weeks behind last years schedule.

• Bob Hogue

May 20, 2017 at 3:02 pm

McNary pool outstanding again today. Great smallies to 4+ lbs. Most on lipless cranks today. Water temp around 57, clarity to 3ft. Only one other boat from hat rock to the dam!

• Bob Hogue

May 26, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Fished the pool Friday, and believe it or not, this body of water is just now starting to come into its own for the season. Water temperature pushing the upper 50s and the clarity is 3+ft. Fish quite active and in all levels of pre-spawn and spawn. Weed growth is just beginning to take hold, which is about a month later than last year. So this year has been a whole new fishery as compared with 2016. I think everywhere is behind last year, right? Anyway, a lot of really nice-sized bass to 4+ lbs. Worked three basic rigs: swimjigs, chrome colored lipless crankbaits, and flukes. All had their moments. Fish in all depth ranges, depending on their spawn stage.

• Bob Hogue

May 30, 2017 at 4:08 pm

I’d tell you another great McNary story from today, but I’m sure you’re bored with them by now

• Jacob

May 31, 2017 at 12:57 pm

Any local reports of big smallmouth getting caught are never boring! Good stuff!

• Bob Hogue

June 4, 2017 at 11:02 am

Huge debris fields all over making fishing really tough. Did decent enough with a couple to +/- 4 lbs, but water will take some time to clean up with all this wood and floating debris coming downstream.

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now